Friday, July 11, 2008

"The Blogging Curse"

A poem by Goroka Blogger Robert Schilt

Internet,
Wordpress,
SEO,
Digg it man!!

Out of control,
out of mind,
I’m hooked…
piddly dial-up connection!

Instead of writing and posting,
I’ve been obsessed!
The right theme,
the perfect widget,
the ideal plugin!

De.licio.us!
Feedburner
and RSS feeds,
not to mention comments.

Engrossed in stats…
How can I attract more readers?
More bots…
than real people,
embarrassing!

Optimisation,
tagging
and stylesheets,
gibberish.

In the meantime…
over 1000 broken links,
posts without excerpts
and tabs playing up in Firefox!

Blogging…
what is it all about really?
The writing,
the playing…
or both?

What purpose does it serve,
whether I have two sidebars
or just one?

Customise that header!!
Google it!
Add that feed!
Check out the forums!

Time…
Full-time…
Where do they find it?
These folks.

As for me,
got to cut back,
find that balance
and get back to blogging!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:47 PM

    You can view other "Rantings" I have written during my 4 years in PNG at:

    http://www.trupela.com/blog/category/rantings/

    There are over 70 poems and most are on the PNG experience.

    Robert@PNG

    ReplyDelete